Hi! I’m Erika and I want you to join me as I walk through Wisconsin. 🙂
I grew up in our state’s capital, Madison, but have called a few other places “home” as well: Beloit (where I briefly went to college), Elton (home to the Girl Scout camp I both attended and worked at), Oak Creek (where I had my first apartment), and Greenfield (where I have my first home).
You’ll learn a lot more about me by reading the blog, but here’s a quick rundown of the basics:
- I love writing and I love photography. I’m an amateur, but what I lack in training and experience I make up for in passion and backup SD cards.
- I’m a mental health warrior. I’ve been battling anxiety and depression most of my life. I’m done letting them bully me into staying at home.
- I love animals. I have two rescue pups of my own and am a strong supporter of animal rescue and adoption, as well as wildlife rehab and education.
- I do NOT come from an outdoorsy family. Nearly all of my outdoor experiences have come about from Girl Scouting or thanks to my husband.
- Your input matters to me! Do you have a favorite Wisconsin park? Or maybe a trail or path you love? Let me know so I can check it out!